Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Interview with artist Christel Dillbohner and...Still climbing to my higher financial goal


Christel Dillbohner,  The Black Pool,   2011
489 industrial filters made from pigment and wax, 5 encaustic painted panels.
photo courtesy of the Don Soker Gallery, San Francisco, CA 

106%!! Fantastic! A major milestone...and due to your generosity! Thank you.

With just four days to go in my fundraiser, I am still striving towards 130% which would see me truly and fully funded and able to realize all 28 interviews.

By reaching 100%, I am ensured of receiving all pledges made thus far. That was my minimum goal. I am now striving to be fully funded to my higher level of 15K that will enable all 28 interviews to happen as well as be able to hire a book designer to oversee the technology needed to create the embedded videos and help layout the publication...

I am writing you from the home of Christel Dillbohner in Berkeley as I am on the first short leg of interviews that I could afford myself...Christel and I taped her interview yesterday. What an amazing opportunity to spend time with her (we'd never met before), collaborate on our interview shoot, learn of her deeply committed ideas and aesthetics and gain insight into her creative process!

I can see how enriching this whole adventurous project will be. The process of collaboration with each individual artist interviewee will enable the most inspiring of information to emerge.

A conversational approach within the taping turned out just to be a natural extension of our preparatory talk at the table as we planned a sequential approach. Christel and I found that we just got better and better with each take. The questions shifted slightly, the answers got deeper and more to the core of her artistic intentions. What a gift to experience!

Thank you for considering upping your pledge (you can choose artwork on my blogpost below at http://www.papermakingresources.blogspot.com/2011/11/donor-rewards-art-for-your-pledge-usa.html#more

With $2615 more in pledges, I will reach my higher financial goal of $15,240 and my project Contemporary Paper and Encaustic will be fully enabled.

If you can help in any way, I would be most grateful. Pass the word, contact someone you know who would be supportive, choose an artwork for yourself or a gift....Go to http://www.unitedstatesartists.org/project/contemporary_paper_and_encaustic_international_trends and support this

But the bottom line is that I appreciate all of you, my supporters, so very much. Once again, thank you!!

Catherine

No comments: