Friday, November 25, 2011

Gratitude~ ....0 days to go!!

I am so very grateful for the support that my colleagues have given me by donating art towards my fundraiser Contemporary Paper and Encaustic...touched at their generosity, giving of their creative work toward this very special project.  I thank them, and I thank you for your tax deductible pledge on the USA Artists site.  Go to that link to learn more about it and how to support my project.

You can view offered works in the blog post before this one as well...take a look, make a pledge, grace your walls with superb work and know that you are enabling me to undertake a huge year long effort...walking into the studios of 28 talented international artists across the United States to learn about their ideas and creative processes.

So much to discover and absorb.  I'll give back by videotaping and editing my interviews, and sharing them in a unique publication entitled Contemporary Paper and Encaustic.  But first I have to raise the funds so I can travel there!  The work below is offered by one of the 28 artists I hope to interview:  talented Mona Waterhouse of Peachtree City, GA and Sweden:


Mona Waterhouse of Peachtree City, GA and Sweden
Flow I: size 7"x 5", Medium:  Ink jet print on handmade paper, colored pencil and encaustic, mounted on board
Yours for a pledge of $200

Choose an artwork. (Find them in my previous blog post which I keep updated with all art available.) Make a pledge and then contact me (thru the USA Artists site once your pledge has been processed) with the artist/title of the work you've chosen as a donor perk.

I've grouped these 28 artists into 4 trips...all of which will be completed by April of 2012.
I'll interview 9 artists in the first one,  which will be accomplished before the end of this year:
# 1 trip Oakland > San Francisco > Santa Cruz > Redding > Seattle > Taos > Santa Fe

So exciting!  Please consider supporting my project!  You'll also support the 28 interviewees, master artists who will be included with their inspiring work in the "portfolio" section of Contemporary Paper and Encaustic.


Mona Waterhouse,  Pod VI - Cradle    
Wire, paper, dye, medium and wax.  6 1/2" x 16" x 5"
Yours for a pledge of $550


Thank you so much~  I am so grateful for your support!



No comments: