Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It is all about the Cape!


Sky Nest
Cast gampi and abaca paper fibers into a lashed armature of creosote branches, encased in encaustic, oil stick, white line transfer.
26"h X 40"w X 10"d



I am excited to have my work in two exhibitions this summer on Cape Cod:

Sculpture in Wax Invitational Show at The Truro Center for the Arts featuring 5 artists:
myself Catherine Nash, Miles Conrad, Kim Bernard, Laura Moriarty & Nancy Natale.
June 1st – June 10th (open Mon-Fri 9-5)
Closing reception June 9th, from 4 – 6pm.

and the Wax in Motion at the Bowersock Gallery, 373 Commercial St. in Provincetown

June 2rd to June 28th, 2011
Jurors Talk: June 3rd, 6-7pm
Opening Reception: June 3rd, 7-9pm


Tsunami: Spirit Boat Cast handmade Japanese kozo paper into willow branch armature and encased in encaustic. Lashed creosote branches with pigmented encaustic. Broken wooden bowl as base.
 23"h X 42"w X 10"d



The shows run while the Fifth International Encaustic Conference is in full swing, which I am also thrilled to be attending for the fourth year in a row...as a "soakin' in all up" participant, a lecturer and a post conference instructor. I always learn so much...

So many great events and opportunities along with burying my toes in the sand!

4 comments:

Rebeca Trevino said...

your work is amazing.
i have been in 'slump' for a couple of weeks, and i've even started wondering if i should even be doing this art thing.
well, today, after visiting your blog for the second time, i was so inspired by one of your pieces "The Circle Cannot Be Squared", and the idea of circles and squares was with me all day. and at about 4 pm in the studio i started working on a piece, and although not yet finished, i would like to send you a photo, so you can see it. i am thrilled.
let me know if you'd like to see it, if not no problem, i know you are busy. just thought i'd ask.

Nancy Natale said...

Catherine, so nice to get a preview of your beautiful work. I'm looking forwardd to seeing it in person - SOON!

Sue said...

Brilliant, inspiring artwork!
I came to your blog through Nancy Natale's, and I'm glad to have found it.
Your blog also gives very interesting information about the vibrant art life in your part of the world (very different to where I live, although here are lots of artists, too!).

Anonymous said...

Catherine - you are wildly inspirational - your art, self and project. Such a pleasure to meet you while I drafted behind David Andrew at Castle Hill. I hope the conference was successful. What a hum of activity.
Take care,
Alex
alexandradane.com